Prepare for Windows CE and Windows Embedded Handheld End of Life
Beginning this year, Microsoft is rolling out its end of life support for the Windows CE and Windows Embedded Handheld. This spells trouble for the industry as most rugged devices are currently running on these systems today.
If you’re still running on a Windows CE or Windows Embedded Handheld today, keep these dates in mind:
- June 10, 2018 – Windows Embedded CE 6.0 will be End of Life
- June 9, 2019 – Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld will be End of Life
- January 14, 2020 – Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 will be End of Life
Implementing an upgrade strategy right now is critical to ensuring your establishment is ready to handle the transition from Windows to Android rugged devices. Fortunately, Imprint partners with Honeywell to provide rugged mobile computer solutions that are compatible with both Windows and Android operating systems, ensuring you’re ready to navigate the switch as seamlessly as possible when the time comes.
Get Ready with the Honeywell Phoenix Platform
- CK75: With an IP67 rating, flexible operating system support, and a version available for cold storage applications, the CK75 will ensure your operations are ahead of the curve for years to come.
- CN75/CN75e: Perfect for the transportation and logistics industry, these devices offer top-of-the-line imaging technology and motion tolerance for accurate barcode scanning.
- The Phoenix platform is offered in Windows and Android to allow for cross-over
What’s in Store: Honeywell Mobility Edge Platform
Honeywell’s Mobility Edge platform offers a seamless approach for unleashing IT from integration constraints and inflexible technologies, all without sacrificing enterprise security, reliability, or mobile worker productivity. The Mobility Edge platform will be Android focused and will operate on a standard architecture path until 2025.
With the Mobility Edge Platform, You Will:
- Simplify deployments
- Optimize mobile worker performance
- Extend product lifecycles
Discover Honeywell’s Mobility Edge Products
Dolphin CN80 Mobile Computer
Honeywell’s new Dolphin CN80 is built on the Honeywell Mobility Edge Platform and Android, and offers both touchscreen and a choice of either a numeric or QWERTY keypad. An Android Enterprise Recommended device, this mobile computer is rugged, designed for easy field deployment, and ready to stay up-to-date over a long-life span.
Dolphin CT40 and CT60
The Dolphin CT40 and CT60 are equipped with the latest in handheld computer technology. These devices are compatible with the last five Android generations and allow companies to simplify device maintenance and extend the product lifecycle. These devices offer future migration protection without forfeiting enterprise security, reliability, performance, or management features.