Food Traceability Solutions
Traceability is a key requirement for the food processing industry. Vital identifying information such as barcodes, batch numbers, and expiration dates must remain legible throughout the entire manufacturing and distribution chains. ARMOR thermal transfer ribbons can handle all types of labeling needs for the food industry, providing state-of-the-art food traceability solutions.
Solutions for Food Product Packaging
ARMOR provides reliable ribbon solutions for printing expiration dates, batch numbers, barcodes, ingredient lists, allergy warnings, brand logos, and more on a variety of packaging materials:
- Flexible Plastic Films: From bread wrappers to snack bags, flexible packaging is widely used in food processing. Wax-Resin inks (APR® or APX® range) offer high print quality and speed for the best cost, and Resin inks (AXR® range) provide superior durability.
- Hot Foods: The inks used for printing on packaging for hot foods must be quick-drying to withstand handling on high-speed production lines and must resist the heat and humidity that spreads through the film and could potentially break down the ink. Resin inks AXR®600, AXR®800 and AXR®900 have excellent adhesion to keep printed information from being melted or rubbed off.
- Frozen Foods: Cold chain food processing and distribution exposes printed packaging to extreme conditions that could damage legibility. Thermal transfer inks create a good visual finish and high-performance resistance to freezing environments.
- Bagged Products: Some foods are packaged in transparent bags or packets that require adhesive paper or synthetic labels to carry all of the relevant product information. ARMOR offers a variety of inks to create labels suited for a range of applications.
- Livestock: For food “on the hoof,” durable plastic ear tags provide animal identification. The ARMOR resin inks provide readability even from a distance and can withstand long-term UV exposure, weather, abrasion, sweat, and other conditions of livestock environments.
Solutions for Food Product Distribution
Food traceability solutions must continue beyond production all the way to the point of sale. Badly printed or damaged labels impair stock management and compromise sales. Choose ARMOR thermal transfer ribbon technology for reliable identification of products throughout the supply chain.
- Crates and shipping labels
- Shelf tags
- Product tags
Certifications and Warranties
ARMOR products for food traceability solutions are backed by the following certifications:
- Food Contact Europe (1935/2004/EC)
- Food Contact USA (FDA)
- Heavy Metals
- California Proposition 65
- Drug Master File
- Print Durability (UL)
- Marine Shipping (BS5609)
Imprint Enterprises offers industry-leading mobile device management software that keeps customers secure and optimizes the productivity of employees and their equipment.
In order to ensure that your handheld computers are working at peak efficiency, utilize our robust collection of services, like staging and deployment or equipment repair.
In addition to offering the industry's top technologies, Imprint Enterprises also provides the supplies and accessories customers need to succeed.