A barcode verifier helps make sure your barcodes can be read correctly throughout your facility and your supply chain to provide mission-critical information. Designed for accuracy and repeatability, barcode verifiers check to ensure the barcodes you print are of the highest quality, often measuring them against ANSI or ISO specifications. The ISO has published 22,302 international standards for barcodes in the 68-page-long ISO 15394:2017. The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is the only U.S. representative and dues-paying member of the ISO. Barcode verifiers will also provide you with a report of print and read quality, and even highlight problems so they can be remedied.
Base Your Choice on Your Operations, Your Barcode Verification Requirements
When you research barcode verifiers, you will immediately find a wide range of models and price points. Imprint Enterprises’ staff, with years of experience in barcode technology solutions, can help you narrow your choices and find the best fit for your operation, your business objectives, and your budget.
Answers to these questions can help you choose the barcode verifier that’s right for your operation:
- Will you require a point-and-shoot model or a fixed mount model? Fixed mount removes variances created by human operators, keeping fixed scan angles and distances.
- Does it integrate with your computer operating system and business applications?
- What report format do you require?
- Do you have in-house resources to handle calibration and maintenance?
- Will it verify both 1D and 2D barcodes? Excluding Japan, the United States has the highest QR code usage than any other country.
Features That Give You The Best Results
Barcode verifiers have diverse features that address various circumstances that can affect barcode reads, barcode verification, and ease of use. Features can include:
- Use of optic scanners or lasers
- 1D vs. 2D barcode verification – 2D barcodes, such as QR, are capable of holding more complex information than 1D barcodes
- Options to adjust aperture or wavelengths to provide different optical arrangements for testing
- A range of sweep distances
- A corrugation setting
- The ability to auto-discriminate between symbologies
- A display that shows the results of the read
- Ability to print reports/documentation of the quality of barcodes
- One touch keys for functions such as “help” or “print”
Imprint Enterprises partners with industry leaders to provide you with the best barcode verifiers available and also can customize a solution to fit your unique needs.
Imprint Enterprises offers industry-leading mobile device management software that keeps customers secure and optimizes the productivity of employees and their equipment.
In order to ensure that your handheld computers are working at peak efficiency, utilize our robust collection of services, like staging and deployment or equipment repair.
In addition to offering the industry's top technologies, Imprint Enterprises also provides the supplies and accessories customers need to succeed.
In need of assistance?