Tablets increase productivity by providing workers access to applications and information wherever they need it. Rugged tablets provide the best of both worlds for your business: features of consumer devices your workers are accustomed to as well as enterprise-class functionality and durability. Unlike consumer-grade tablets, rugged tablets are designed to withstand tough commercial and industrial environments. They also provide you with options for device and application management and address security requirements your organization or industry regulations require.
How to Choose the Best Rugged Tablet for Your Business
When selecting a rugged tablet, you can narrow your choices by determining:
- The operating system your applications are designed for and narrow your search to rugged tablets that support it
- Whether your applications are terminal emulation, client-server or Web-based
- Compatibility with your enterprise resource planning (ERP), warehouse management system (WMS), inventory management, direct store delivery (DSD), or service applications
- Whether it will be used exclusively inside buildings or if workers will use it both inside and outside
- Whether it will connect via Wi-Fi or WAN
- The user’s job function and tablet features necessary to support it
ET51/ET56 Tablet Computers
- Connectivity: Choose your hardware based on your connectivity needs. The ET51’s a/b/g/n Windows and 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/I support ensures compatibility with your existing network. The ET56’s 4G LTE support will give workers a wireless connection on the world’s fastest cellular data networks.
- Display size: Available in both 8.4”or 10.1,” you have the option to select the size that is best for your business applications.
- Operating system: Choose between 6.0 Android Marshmallow or Windows 10. The ET51/ET56 is shipped with Mobility Extensions (Mx). Mx is a series of features designed to make Android a more robust enterprise-class operating system. It minimizes IT support and maximizes working productivity and device uptime.
- Durability: An IP65 rating ensures protection from dust and water. Corning® Gorilla® Glass with Native Damage Resistance™ allows the tablet display to survive drops and falls from 5.9 feet (with frame).
L10 Series Rugged Tablet Platform
The Zebra L10 rugged tablet platform breaks the mold, with faster processing than anyone ever thought was possible, and a versatile, robust set of features to suit your industry. This platform is capable of being equipped with any workflow-specific tools needed for any application.
Whether you specialize in transportation, manufacturing, field mobility, warehouse management, or otherwise, you can enjoy the increased speed and unmatched performance of the Zebra L10 rugged tablet platform.
Zebra XSLATE R12 Rugged Tablet
The extensive list of available features makes this innovative rugged tablet platform more enterprise-ready than any other in its class. Features include:
- A highly responsive pen with touch point capabilities – Simplify your usage with touchscreen capabilities, ideal for quick and convenient data entry in a rugged warehouse environment, or on the go.
- Magnetically attached keyboard – A thin, Bluetooth wireless keyboard allows for more versatile usage. It charges while stored on the back of the laptop, and also has a micro USB port, so it’s always ready for use.
- Docking Options Designed for You – Mobile or desktop docking options give you more choices on how you want to use your rugged tablet.
- Barcode and High Frequency RFID Reader – With the XSLATE R12, you’ll have access to a barcode reader and High Frequency RFID reader. There’s also a true serial port on the bottom of the tablet.
The Honeywell RT10 Rugged Tablet
Rugged takes on a whole new meaning with the RT10. It can withstand a 4-foot drop to solid concrete. Even better, it has a IP65 rating against dust and water. In addition, hot-swappable battery packs help you recapture hours of downtime from devices that lose their charge.
10-inch bright, high resolution, optically bonded display
Data capture made easy: FlexRange dual-lens imager can scan less than 5 inches and up to 35 feet
Near, mid and far range scan capabilities with instantaneous autofocus
Perfect balance of ruggedness and lightweight design
Rugged Tablet Features that Support Efficient Operations
Rugged tablets are designed with a wide range of features to help you find the best solutions to address your unique operation. Look for features that address your requirements for:
- Dust, water, and drop resistance
- Touchscreen durability, responsiveness to gloved fingers, and daylight readability
- Expansion back and data capture options
- Battery life
- Centralized management
- Docking and mounting options
- Display size
Options available may also include:
- 1D/2D imager
- Near/long range scanning
- Auxiliary battery
- Magnetic stripe reader or EMV payment card reader
Imprint Enterprises offers industry-leading mobile device management software that keeps customers secure and optimizes the productivity of employees and their equipment.
In order to ensure that your handheld computers are working at peak efficiency, utilize our robust collection of services, like staging and deployment or equipment repair.
In addition to offering the industry's top technologies, Imprint Enterprises also provides the supplies and accessories customers need to succeed.